Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Helper of the Day

Do you want to know the easiest way in the world to determine classroom helpers and jobs? It's called helper of the day. That's right, one student for the whole day is the line leader and my helper for any and everything that I need during the day. {For example: passing out papers, running to the office, taking a book back to a teacher that I borrowed it from, grabbing something we forgot off the playground...etc}
 
I used to have classroom jobs that were cute and changed each week. It worked great for a while but then students kept forgetting their job, or would fight over a job...someone would do someone elses...they would be absent, etc. It just didn't work for me. So I made my life really really easy and started using this fool proof system.
 
 
 
I make a big chart that hangs by my door with everyone's name on it and use a clothespin to mark who the helper of the day is. I start at the top and move down the list each day. I can't tell you how much I love this method. And the best part is it is EASY!
 
Hope this helps those of you like me who can't keep 10 classroom jobs straight each week, or who doesn't have time/find time to keep up with it.
 
If you have a better or similar idea I'd love to hear about it.   
 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!! It's so easy and simple. Perfect for me! I'm so going to do this in my class this year. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good Lord! This is absolutely fabulous! Totally doing this in my room this year! Thanks for sharing!
    Jenn

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete

1.